Many members of our community have expressed interest in supporting Pet Pantry and our mission by creating and hosting events. Some of the events in the past have included donation drives, yard sales or in lieu of birthday gifts asking for supplies from our supply donation list (which can be found on our website).
We are always grateful to individuals who are thinking of the needs of Pet Pantry, We continue to encourage these events. Informal donation drives do not require approval, however, if you do want informational brochures or to use our logo we do require the following protocol to be followed:
- Event proposals must be made in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 6 weeks prior to the event to ensure there is enough time to plan and promote the event. Your proposal must include any items that may need to be borrowed from our facility which will include tables, tents, tablecloths, chairs.
- Proposals must include an event leader that will be the contact person and the person responsible for funds or supplies raised or donated. The event leader will also be responsible for returning any borrowed items.
- The event leader will receive an email that will state whether the proposal has been approved or denied.
- It is the responsibility of the event leader to create any promotional materials to be included on our website and social media.
- You may not promote an event until you have received written approval
- Event information to be released to the media must be reviewed by Pet Pantry prior to distribution.
- If an event is cancelled Pet Pantry should be notified no later than 48 hours before the event.
- We require a follow-up email after planned event to include money/supplies donated. This email needs to be composed within 7 days of the event and should also include a date and time items, money and donations will be turned in. Any borrowed materials need to be returned within 3 days so that it will be available for other events.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will be donated to Pet Pantry.
- Pet Pantry reserves the right to withdraw the use of its name at any time, and will not assume any costs that may be involved in doing so.
Pet Pantry cannot provide the following
- Prizes, auction items, awards
- Guaranteed shelter animals at the event
- Event funding or reimbursement
- Mailing/email lists
- Guaranteed Pet Pantry staff/volunteers to participate in the planning or hosting of event
- Guaranteed sponsors
- Permits, licenses or insurance