We are in search of a veterinarian to help us “Meet the Need” for pets and their families in Lancaster County. If you are a qualified veterinarian with a kind heart that wants to help make a difference for animals, we want to hear from you!
Our organization believes in the importance of spaying and neutering your pets, both to help limit overpopulation and to improve the overall health of companion animals. We provide a lower-cost spay and neuter option for pet cats and dogs to the public, and we are looking for a veterinarian interested in helping us continue to make this possible!
The Role: An Overview
As a veterinarian at the Pet Pantry, you will perform spay and neuter surgeries for the Pet Pantry’s Fix Lancaster Program.
You will be responsible for the medical and surgical care of all-day surgery patients from the time of their arrival until discharge.
Good people skills are important as you will interact with clients at check-in as well as other times when issues pertaining to the surgical care of animals arise and need to be discussed. (Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable but not required!)
Great animal skills are a must! We also will have you complete the Fear Free Shelter course, practice fear-free handling techniques, and advocate for the patient to minimize their stress during their stay. We want to make this experience as happy as possible!
- You must be a PA licensed DVM/VMD
- You must be familiar with DEA requirements for recording and handling controlled substances. It will be your responsibility to maintaining drug logs.
- You will need to perform physical examinations on all patients at the time of check-in and address concerns with the owner. It will be your responsibility to:
- Maintain physical examination records on all animals scheduled for surgery
- Record all pre-surgical pharmaceuticals used for animals admitted for surgery
- Evaluate pre-surgical blood results and contact the pets owners if any concerns arise
- It will be your responsibility to lead the surgical team in keeping the patient flow for surgery professional and efficient
- We ask that you lead practice drills for anesthetic and surgical emergencies with the team to keep everyone sharp!
- Our requirements for performing surgery are as follows:
- You need to be able to perform surgery for 4-8 hrs daily
- We ask that you maintain surgery records on all animals undergoing procedures
- You will need to limit anesthesia time to less than 1 hr per patient to avoid risks.
- You will need to follow HQHVSN techniques for spay/neuter (including cryptorchid castrations)
- You will need to perform subcuticular closures and scoring tattoos on all animals that are altered
- It is important that you are able to handle surgical emergencies in a calm and effective manner.
- The animals will need your care after surgery as well! You will need to perform post-operative evaluations on patients prior to discharge.
- Prescribe post-operative pain medication and other pharmaceuticals deemed necessary for then surgical patients
- You will meet with the Medical Director and Surgical Supervisor weekly for rounds
If you are interested in joining our team and helping us to “Meet the Need” for pets and their families, please gather your cover letter and resume and send it to:
Melody Sanders (CEO)
Pet Pantry of Lancaster County
26 Millersville Road,
Lancaster, PA 17603
Pet Pantry of Lancaster County is seeking a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and financial tasks.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, you will also run accounting software programs to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
Accounting Clerk responsibilities include:
- Break down the daily work to record income from credit cards, cash & checks, and care credit
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Post all deposits in accounting software using the Daily income breakdowns.
- Maintain a detailed list of income and expenses for accounts.
- Responsible for payment agreements and monthly AR accounts
- Major Fundraising Campaigns, manage proceeds and deposits
- Manage and maintain donation software.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts Receivable Clerk or Accounts Payable Clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in databases and accounting software (QuickBooks:1 year preferred)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record-keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- Associate degree
- Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- Physical Setting: Office on location
- Schedule: 4-to-5-hour shifts Monday through Friday